wget unable to retrieve file, error 303: see other - Questions

This is a discussion on wget unable to retrieve file, error 303: see other - Questions ; I am trying to retrieve a file from youtube using the following command: wget http://youtube.com/get_video.php?vid...HSqOa4u62UoEXG This produces an error: HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 303 See Other 12:59:37 ERROR 303: See Other. If I type the same url into mozilla, ...

  1. wget unable to retrieve file, error 303: see other

    I am trying to retrieve a file from youtube using the following command:

    wget http://youtube.com/get_video.php?vid...HSqOa4u62UoEXG

    This produces an error:

    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 303 See Other
    12:59:37 ERROR 303: See Other.

    If I type the same url into mozilla, I am prompted to save the file.

    How do I force wget to retrieve the file?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West

    Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
    International: 0044 121 247 1596

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  2. wget and youtube

    In alt.comp.os.linux Mark Hobley wrote:
    > I am trying to retrieve a file from youtube using the following command:
    >
    > wget http://youtube.com/get_video.php?vid...HSqOa4u62UoEXG
    >
    > This produces an error:
    >
    > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 303 See Other
    > 12:59:37 ERROR 303: See Other.

    wget
    'http://youtube.com/get_video.php?video_id=tTzs9G-VOZ4&l=140&t=OEgsToPDskK' -S

    This shows the server responses:

    1 HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
    2 Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:59:02 GMT
    3 Server: Apache

    9 Location: http://sjl-v45.sjl.youtube.com/get_v...id=tTzs9G-VOZ4
    10 Connection: close
    11 Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

    This appears to be a redirect.

    I now try:

    wget 'http://sjl-v45.sjl.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=tTzs9G-VOZ4' -S

    This time the server responds:

    1 HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    2 Connection: close
    3 Content-Type: video/flv
    4 ETag: "-396445590"
    5 Accept-Ranges: bytes
    6 Last-Modified: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:51:46 GMT
    7 Content-Length: 5730593
    8 Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:12:05 GMT
    9 Server: lighttpd/1.4.11

    and the file downloads ok.

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West
    QUINTON
    Birmingham
    B32 1QE

    Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
    International: 0044 121 247 1596

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  3. Re: wget unable to retrieve file, error 303: see other

    On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.questions, in article
    , Mark Hobley wrote:

    Boy, you _really_ like posting to obscure newsgroups. Try looking in
    the newsgroups news.announce.newgroups, news.groups, or news.lists.misc
    for a post on the 15th of each month titled "List of Big Eight Newsgroups"

    >I am trying to retrieve a file from youtube using the following command:

    >This produces an error:
    >
    >HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 303 See Other
    >12:59:37 ERROR 303: See Other.

    RFC2616

    10.3.4 303 See Other

    The response to the request can be found under a different URI and
    SHOULD be retrieved using a GET method on that resource. This method
    exists primarily to allow the output of a POST-activated script to
    redirect the user agent to a selected resource. The new URI is not a
    substitute reference for the originally requested resource. The 303
    response MUST NOT be cached, but the response to the second
    (redirected) request might be cacheable.

    The different URI SHOULD be given by the Location field in the
    response. Unless the request method was HEAD, the entity of the
    response SHOULD contain a short hypertext note with a hyperlink to
    the new URI(s).

    >How do I force wget to retrieve the file?

    Give it the correct URL, or the right options.

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread