Lexmark X125 - Questions

This is a discussion on Lexmark X125 - Questions ; I have a Lexmark X125 printer that works well in Windows. Now I cannot find a driver in Suse Linux 10.1. It is not listed at Lexmark! Anyone have one, or can suggest a source? I am not a programmer ...

  1. Lexmark X125

    I have a Lexmark X125 printer that works well in Windows. Now I cannot find
    a driver in Suse Linux 10.1. It is not listed at Lexmark! Anyone have one,
    or can suggest a source? I am not a programmer to write one myself.
    Thanks.
    Douglas & Sue Wilkin.

    ----

    ----
    It has removed 44 spam emails to date.
    Try SPAMfighter for free now!

  2. Re: Lexmark X125

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.questions, in article
    , Douglas Wilkin wrote:

    [You'd have a lot better luck if you posted to a real newsgroup. This
    comp.os.linux.questions is only found on poorly configured news servers
    that want to advertise having more newsgroups than anyone else. While
    comp.os.linux.misc would be more appropriate, your best results would be
    in 'alt.os.linux.suse' which is a very active group.]

    >I have a Lexmark X125 printer that works well in Windows. Now I cannot find
    >a driver in Suse Linux 10.1. It is not listed at Lexmark! Anyone have one,
    >or can suggest a source?

    I can see that it at least _partially_ works - that's a problem with the
    combined function thingys. If you hit google and start with a search for
    'Lexmark X125 SuSE+Linux' you'll get

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 30,400 for Lexmark X125 SuSE+Linux. (0.22
    seconds)

    widening the search by deleting the word 'SuSE', I get

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 73,300 for Lexmark X125 Linux. (0.22
    seconds)

    and the first hit is a SourceForge.net link, but the real info is on the
    LinuxPrinting.org page:

    Lexmark X125
    Color inkjet printer, max. 2400x1200 dpi, works Partially
    Recommended driver: drv_x125 (Home page, view PPD, download PPD)
    Generic instructions for: CUPS, LPD, LPRng, PPR, PDQ, no spooler
    Add a similar printer

    Edited Notes

    THE DRIVER FOR THIS PRINTER REQUIRES SPECIAL SETUP. Please see the
    driver notes.

    With the simple driver "drv_x125" provided by Mark Roth one can print
    black and white or color up to 1200x600 dpi. Future versions of the
    driver will support higher resolutions. There are no other known
    drivers that support this printer and Lexmark does not provide a Linux
    driver for it.

    It is unknown whether fax and scanner drivers for the Lexmark X125 are
    available.

    >I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
    >It has removed 44 spam emails to date.
    >Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
    >Try SPAMfighter for free now!

    Whoopie! Doncha love windoze nag-ware?

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread