Inscribing text within a circle - Questions

This is a discussion on Inscribing text within a circle - Questions ; Does anybody know if there any simple to use packages or a piece of code readily available that will allow me to produce a small amount of text in graphical form where the baseline or the letter tops follow the ...

  1. Inscribing text within a circle

    Does anybody know if there any simple to use packages or a piece of code
    readily available that will allow me to produce a small amount of text in
    graphical form where the baseline or the letter tops follow the radius of a
    circle?

    I want this facility to help with the producion of logos and markings.

    I am using Debian.

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West

    Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
    International: 0044 121 247 1596

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  2. Re: Inscribing text within a circle

    On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:07:31 +0000, Mark Hobley wrote:

    > Does anybody know if there any simple to use packages or a piece of code
    > readily available that will allow me to produce a small amount of text in
    > graphical form where the baseline or the letter tops follow the radius of a
    > circle?
    >
    > I want this facility to help with the producion of logos and markings.
    >
    > I am using Debian.
    >
    > Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark.

    What form do you want it in? I think there are packages for doing labels
    which have the capability to do CD labels - that should work. I have
    PostScript code which will do internal and external circular lettering,
    but you're going to have to know a bit about PostScript to use it.

  3. Re: Inscribing text within a circle

    Mark Hobley wrote:
    > Does anybody know if there any simple to use packages or a piece of code
    > readily available that will allow me to produce a small amount of text in
    > graphical form where the baseline or the letter tops follow the radius of a
    > circle?
    >
    > I want this facility to help with the producion of logos and markings.
    >
    > I am using Debian.

    Haven't tried it but i think Gimp will do this.

    --

    Rick
    --

  4. Re: Inscribing text within a circle

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

  5. Re: Inscribing text within a circle

    Inkscape is the obvious choice if you don't want to automate it, TeX plus
    pstricks can do it under script control.

    TW

    On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:07:31 +0100, Mark Hobley
    wrote:

    > Does anybody know if there any simple to use packages or a piece of code
    > readily available that will allow me to produce a small amount of text in
    > graphical form where the baseline or the letter tops follow the radius
    > of a
    > circle?
    >
    > I want this facility to help with the producion of logos and markings.
    >
    > I am using Debian.
    >
    > Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark.

+ Reply to Thread