Under Gnome 2.8.3, how do get command line parameter changes to stick on say
the Applications/System Tools/Terminal item. I'd like to add
--geometry 131x48 to the gnome-terminal command, but it only sticks until I
log out, then it reverts to the original command without parameters. I see
that it saves the --geometry 131x48 as an alternative when I go back in to
reset it, but why won't it stay permanent.

In case anyone wonders, I checked the "Save current settings" box in the Log
Out dialog box without any success.

I've also tried to navigate through
Applications/System Tools/Configuration Editor
without any success either.

Also, I've got the latest debian stable install 3.1r1

Thanks so much in advance, Nick