soundcard question - Questions

This is a discussion on soundcard question - Questions ; after 5 weeks of trying to fix my sound trying to run it ,i give up. i have tried everything i know and read about it but i can''t fix it . so my question is as followes: wich soundcard ...

  1. soundcard question

    after 5 weeks of trying to fix my sound trying to run it ,i give up.
    i have tried everything i know and read about it but i can''t fix it .
    so my question is as followes:
    wich soundcard can i best use in suse 10.0?(without troubles)

    current soundcard:82801G(ich7 family)high defenition audio (onboard)
    realtec ac97

    mobo:foxconn 945i 2.8ghz pentium d (64bit) 1024 ddr2

    tried alsaconf but system gets conflict with it
    installed w32 codec all (doesnot help)
    anyone suggestions?????????
    thanks

  2. Re: soundcard question

    ron van houten wrote:

    > realtec ac97

    My Debian based machines work with the onboard Realtec '97 sound. Are you
    using a 2.6.x Kernel?

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley