iso burning problem - Questions

This is a discussion on iso burning problem - Questions ; I have burned several iso files on my system with kb3, but they don't always work. Some do, but a lot of them do not boot even though they are supposed to be bootable. Any idea what might be wrong? ...

  1. iso burning problem

    I have burned several iso files on my system with kb3, but they don't
    always work. Some do, but a lot of them do not boot even though they
    are supposed to be bootable. Any idea what might be wrong?

    Z.K.

  2. Re: iso burning problem

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:15:20 GMT, Z.K. wrote:
    > I have burned several iso files on my system with kb3, but they don't
    > always work. Some do, but a lot of them do not boot even though they
    > are supposed to be bootable. Any idea what might be wrong?

    Do to the inordinate amount of information provided I'll suggest a
    slower burn speed and verify you have no processes which might cause
    the fifo to go empty or other high disk activity which might slow down
    interrupt work.

  3. Re: iso burning problem

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:15:20 GMT, Z.K. wrote:
    >> I have burned several iso files on my system with kb3, but they don't
    >> always work. Some do, but a lot of them do not boot even though they
    >> are supposed to be bootable. Any idea what might be wrong?

    > Do to the inordinate amount of information provided I'll suggest a
    > slower burn speed and verify you have no processes which might cause
    > the fifo to go empty or other high disk activity which might slow down
    > interrupt work.

    The burn process seemed to work and if you look at the CD, all the data
    is there. It just does not boot. Also, the midsum5 data is the same
    before the burn.

    Z.K.

  4. Re: iso burning problem

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:31:25 GMT, Z.K. wrote:

    > The burn process seemed to work and if you look at the CD, all the data
    > is there. It just does not boot. Also, the midsum5 data is the same
    > before the burn.

    Then the iso is not bootable, if you are saying the burnt cd's md5sum
    matches the iso image's md5sum.

  5. Re: iso burning problem

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:31:25 GMT, Z.K. wrote:
    >
    >> The burn process seemed to work and if you look at the CD, all the data
    >> is there. It just does not boot. Also, the midsum5 data is the same
    >> before the burn.

    > Then the iso is not bootable, if you are saying the burnt cd's md5sum
    > matches the iso image's md5sum.

    Interesting and I was wondering about that. The website I got the iso
    from said that it was bootable. Oh well.

    Z.K.

  6. Re: iso burning problem

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:10:31 GMT, Z.K. wrote:

    > Interesting and I was wondering about that. The website I got the iso
    > from said that it was bootable.

    We do assume your bios is set to boot cd.

  7. Re: iso burning problem

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:10:31 GMT, Z.K. wrote:
    >
    >> Interesting and I was wondering about that. The website I got the iso
    >> from said that it was bootable.

    > We do assume your bios is set to boot cd.

    Yes, it is. I have several CDs that I burned and they worked find, such
    as the SUSE CDs and Ubuto ones.

    Z.K.

  8. Re: iso burning problem

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 03:16:25 GMT, Z.K. wrote:
    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:10:31 GMT, Z.K. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Interesting and I was wondering about that. The website I got the iso
    >>> from said that it was bootable.

    >> We do assume your bios is set to boot cd.

    > Yes, it is. I have several CDs that I burned and they worked find, such
    > as the SUSE CDs and Ubuto ones.

    Then I would have to say it was not a bootable image based on the fact
    you indicated burnt cd's md5sum matched the image's and the image's
    md5sum matched the downloaded md5sum value.

+ Reply to Thread