is an HP Inkjet 1200DN going to work with Linux? - Questions

This is a discussion on is an HP Inkjet 1200DN going to work with Linux? - Questions ; Hi. the Linux Printing site (linuxprinting.org) says the HP Inkjet 1200 "works perfectly" with Linux, and MySimon.com list Linux along with other OSes that work with the HP Inkjet 1200D. BUT I'm interested in the HP Inkjet 1200DN (n is ...

  1. is an HP Inkjet 1200DN going to work with Linux?

    Hi.

    the Linux Printing site (linuxprinting.org) says the HP Inkjet 1200
    "works perfectly" with Linux, and MySimon.com list Linux along with
    other OSes that work with the HP Inkjet 1200D.

    BUT I'm interested in the HP Inkjet 1200DN (n is for network, perhaps?)
    because it has an ethernet port.

    C|Net doesn't list Linux as an available OS for this printer, but it may
    have simply omitted Linux. Amazon says it's compatible with PC and Mac,
    so who knows?

    Here's what HP has to say about the 1200dn:

    Compatible OS: Windows NT 4.0, 98, 98 SE, 2000, Me, XP Home, XP
    Professional; Mac OS 9.2; Mac OS X v 10.1.5, 10.2, 10.3

    Does anyone know from experience whether this printer will work with
    Linux? Do you know which driver is best?

    Thanks,

    -- Damon

  2. Re: is an HP Inkjet 1200DN going to work with Linux?

    damon wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > the Linux Printing site (linuxprinting.org) says the HP Inkjet 1200
    > "works perfectly" with Linux, and MySimon.com list Linux along with
    > other OSes that work with the HP Inkjet 1200D.
    >
    > BUT I'm interested in the HP Inkjet 1200DN (n is for network, perhaps?)
    > because it has an ethernet port.
    >
    > C|Net doesn't list Linux as an available OS for this printer, but it may
    > have simply omitted Linux. Amazon says it's compatible with PC and Mac,
    > so who knows?
    >
    > Here's what HP has to say about the 1200dn:
    >
    > Compatible OS: Windows NT 4.0, 98, 98 SE, 2000, Me, XP Home, XP
    > Professional; Mac OS 9.2; Mac OS X v 10.1.5, 10.2, 10.3
    >
    > Does anyone know from experience whether this printer will work with
    > Linux? Do you know which driver is best?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -- Damon

    Quite probably, HP support their own printers on linux and provide the
    HP printing suite, which as far as i know is included in every major
    linux distro, it should auto-detect it and work fine.

    Chad.

+ Reply to Thread