How can I also dump all the console output to a text file? - Questions

This is a discussion on How can I also dump all the console output to a text file? - Questions ; When I run my applications in forground (or in background) I can see their console output on my terminal. How can I also dump all the console output to a text file? (I want both console output and save to ...

  1. How can I also dump all the console output to a text file?

    When I run my applications in forground (or in background) I can see their
    console output on my terminal.
    How can I also dump all the console output to a text file? (I want both
    console output and save to text file simultaneously)

  2. Re: How can I also dump all the console output to a text file?

    > How can I also dump all the console output to a text file? (I want both
    > console output and save to text file simultaneously)

    'man tee' may get you closer to a solution.

    -- Lars

    --
    Lars Kellogg-Stedman <8273grkci8q8kgt@jetable.net>
    This email address will expire on 2005-11-23.

  3. Re: How can I also dump all the console output to a text file?

    On 2005-11-17, wrote:
    > When I run my applications in forground (or in background) I can see their
    > console output on my terminal.
    > How can I also dump all the console output to a text file? (I want both
    > console output and save to text file simultaneously)

    To save the output of individual commands, use tee:

    command | tee FILE

    To save the entire session, use the script command.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

+ Reply to Thread