Knoppix 3.9 Network printer hell - Questions

This is a discussion on Knoppix 3.9 Network printer hell - Questions ; What steps do I take to be able to print to a network printer? I can't find anything yet to make it work. Does anyone here have a clue? I have tried to start different services but it seems something ...

  1. Knoppix 3.9 Network printer hell

    What steps do I take to be able to print to a network printer? I can't
    find anything yet to make it work. Does anyone here have a clue? I
    have tried to start different services but it seems something else needs
    to run first. Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Knoppix 3.9 Network printer hell

    On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:06:07 -0500, Art Vandolay
    wrote:

    >What steps do I take to be able to print to a network printer? I can't
    >find anything yet to make it work. Does anyone here have a clue? I
    >have tried to start different services but it seems something else needs
    >to run first. Thanks for any help.

    A bit more info would be helpful...

  3. Re: Knoppix 3.9 Network printer hell

    Tony Parks wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:06:07 -0500, Art Vandolay
    > wrote:
    >

    >>What steps do I take to be able to print to a network printer? I can't
    >>find anything yet to make it work. Does anyone here have a clue? I
    >>have tried to start different services but it seems something else needs
    >>to run first. Thanks for any help.

    > A bit more info would be helpful...

    I'm trying to print to a network printer. What steps should I take to
    be able to do that?

  4. Re: Knoppix 3.9 Network printer hell

    Art Vandolay wrote:

    >> A bit more info would be helpful...

    > I'm trying to print to a network printer. What steps should I take to
    > be able to do that?

    Ok, he knows that already. It's no more than what you have already told us.

    What type of printer is it ?
    How is it connected ? The printer has an ethernet connector in the back ? or
    is it on a print server ? If so, what type of print server is it ?

    You have tried to start different services. Which ones did you try ?

    How did you start them ?

    What happened when you started them ?

    What happens when you try to print ?

    Are the print jobs in the queue ?