Booting Linux from compact flash disk on a diskless PC104 computer - Questions

This is a discussion on Booting Linux from compact flash disk on a diskless PC104 computer - Questions ; How to create a bootable Fedora Core Linux (or another distribution) image to be used on a diskless (no hard disk) PC104 computer ? How to copy bootable image into compact flash disk? Thx....

  1. Booting Linux from compact flash disk on a diskless PC104 computer

    How to create a bootable Fedora Core Linux (or another distribution) image
    to be used on a diskless (no hard disk) PC104 computer ?

    How to copy bootable image into compact flash disk?

    Thx.

  2. Re: Booting Linux from compact flash disk on a diskless PC104 computer

    wrote:

    > How to create a bootable Fedora Core Linux (or another distribution) image
    > to be used on a diskless (no hard disk) PC104 computer ?
    >
    > How to copy bootable image into compact flash disk?
    >
    > Thx.

    One way you could try (though I am not guaranteeing this)
    is to get the Damn Small Linux distro liveCD to boot up
    off a regular PC ( http://www.livecdlist.com ),
    and intall it into your compact flash disk, get that to boot, and then
    copy your fedora, and then modify the boot parameters
    to boot up fedora.

+ Reply to Thread