Linux Newsgroup poster program anyone? - Questions

This is a discussion on Linux Newsgroup poster program anyone? - Questions ; This is strange. I use pan for downloading movies/music but it doesnt handle attachments when uploading to newsgroups. Ive looked at quite a few options but most are out of date and are not supported. So, This leads me to ...

  1. Linux Newsgroup poster program anyone?

    This is strange.
    I use pan for downloading movies/music but it doesnt handle attachments
    when uploading to newsgroups. Ive looked at quite a few options but most
    are out of date and are not supported. So, This leads me to this question:

    Why isnt there a program to UPLOAD movies in rar format to newsgroups
    in linux?

    Ive tried knewspost but its command line. Should be an easier gui for it
    somewhere that actually works and is supported?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mr. Toad

  2. Re: Linux Newsgroup poster program anyone?

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:37:36 -0500, Mr Toad
    wrote:

    >This is strange.
    >I use pan for downloading movies/music but it doesnt handle attachments
    >when uploading to newsgroups. Ive looked at quite a few options but most
    >are out of date and are not supported. So, This leads me to this question:
    >
    >Why isnt there a program to UPLOAD movies in rar format to newsgroups
    >in linux?
    >
    >Ive tried knewspost but its command line. Should be an easier gui for it
    >somewhere that actually works and is supported?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >Mr. Toad

    Besides pan, and knewspost what programs have you tried?

    I've never tried downloading movies/music from newsgroups, but you
    could try one of the news programs listed in the Internet section of
    linuxlinks

    http://www.linuxlinks.com/Software/Internet/

    Alternatively, you could try
    http://www.newsreaders.com/unix/clients.html