sql-ledger vs. compiere - Questions

This is a discussion on sql-ledger vs. compiere - Questions ; Could someone be so kind as to post any knowledge as to these accounting packages or any others that may be good for Linux. I have read somewhat regarding compiere and it seems that it will only work with Oracle ...

  1. sql-ledger vs. compiere

    Could someone be so kind as to post any knowledge
    as to these accounting packages or any others that
    may be good for Linux. I have read somewhat
    regarding compiere and it seems that it will only work
    with Oracle and Java, both not being open source
    products.

    Apparently Sql-ledger is completely open source?

  2. Re: sql-ledger vs. compiere

    tom wrote:

    > Apparently Sql-ledger is completely open source?

    SQL-Ledger is indeed completely open source, and word of mouth is
    favourable. Client access is mediated by the Web. The back end seems
    to be Perl, with the usual assortment of back-end SQL servers (including
    PostgreSQL) supported.

+ Reply to Thread