Linux rookie seeking advice on backup software - Questions

This is a discussion on Linux rookie seeking advice on backup software - Questions ; I was considering getting a laptop and installing Linux on the laptop. For those laptops that have a combo drive, CD-R/DVD, what Linux software is good for burning files to the CD-R drive (i.e. my backups) ? All advice and ...

  1. Linux rookie seeking advice on backup software

    I was considering getting a laptop and installing Linux on the laptop.

    For those laptops that have a combo drive, CD-R/DVD, what Linux software
    is good for burning files to the CD-R drive (i.e. my backups) ?

    All advice and pointers are appreciated.

  2. Re: Linux rookie seeking advice on backup software

    surfer dude wrote:

    > I was considering getting a laptop and installing Linux on the laptop.
    >
    > For those laptops that have a combo drive, CD-R/DVD, what Linux
    > software is good for burning files to the CD-R drive (i.e. my backups)

    Cdrecord which has many frontends like k3b, gnometoaster and others.

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

+ Reply to Thread