Last time file accessed/used/executed, but not modified - Questions

This is a discussion on Last time file accessed/used/executed, but not modified - Questions ; Is there any utility that will tell me the last time a file was accessed or used/executed (not necessarily modified)...

  1. Last time file accessed/used/executed, but not modified

    Is there any utility that will tell me the last time a file was accessed
    or used/executed (not necessarily modified)

  2. Re: Last time file accessed/used/executed, but not modified

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:06:23 -0400, David Smith wrote:

    > Is there any utility that will tell me the last time a file was accessed
    > or used/executed (not necessarily modified)

    ls with -u option

  3. Re: Last time file accessed/used/executed, but not modified

    On Τετ, 24 Αύγ 2005 at 15:06 GMT, David Smith wrote:
    > Is there any utility that will tell me the last time a file was accessed
    > or used/executed (not necessarily modified)

    stat filename

    Apostolos

    --
    Replace earth.space with gmail.com for a valid e-mail

  4. Re: Last time file accessed/used/executed, but not modified

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:06:23 -0700, David Smith staggered into the Black
    Sun and said:
    > Is there any utility that will tell me the last time a file was
    > accessed

    /bin/stat -c '%x' filename

    Also try %X. Note that this information will be useless if your
    filesystem was mounted with noatime. atime info is usually not very
    useful, so lots of people mount their filesystems with noatime for a
    slight performance improvement.

    > or used/executed (not necessarily modified)

    ? Only 3 times are stored, atime, ctime, and mtime. atime is the last
    access time. ctime is the last time the file had a status change, like
    if it was chmodded or chattred. mtime is the last time the file was
    modified.

    http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
    -----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL

+ Reply to Thread