where can I find Driver for ViewSonic Pf790 Monitor? - Questions

This is a discussion on where can I find Driver for ViewSonic Pf790 Monitor? - Questions ; Hi all, I just installed Fedora Core 4 in my home PC, it doesn't recognize ViewSonic PF790 Monitor, so I can not set the resoultion and refresh rates properly. Can any body, please, let me know what can I do ...

  1. where can I find Driver for ViewSonic Pf790 Monitor?

    Hi all,

    I just installed Fedora Core 4 in my home PC, it doesn't recognize ViewSonic
    PF790 Monitor, so I can not set the resoultion and refresh rates properly.
    Can any body, please, let me know what can I do and where can I find a
    driver. I searched in Google, but I couldn't find a suitable driver.

    Please reply to the group only.

    Thanks for your help.

    Regards.

    John

  2. Re: where can I find Driver for ViewSonic Pf790 Monitor?

    John wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just installed Fedora Core 4 in my home PC, it doesn't recognize
    > ViewSonic PF790 Monitor, so I can not set the resoultion and refresh
    > rates properly. Can any body, please, let me know what can I do and
    > where can I find a driver. I searched in Google, but I couldn't find a
    > suitable driver.

    Yes, FC4 does have the appropriate information about your Viewsonic
    monitor and can configure your monitor correctly, just use the
    system-config-display tool (from the console or xterm session type in;
    system-config-display). You can also set the resolution specs by hand
    editing the xorg.conf found in /etc/X11, sample sections below;

    Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Monitor0"
    VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
    ModelName "ViewSonic PF790"
    HorizSync 30.0 - 97.0
    VertRefresh 50.0 - 180.0
    Option "dpms"
    EndSection

    Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Device "Videocard0"
    Monitor "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth 24
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 16
    Modes "1600x1200" "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Viewport 0 0
    Depth 24
    Modes "1600x1200" "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

    > Please reply to the group only.

    That's the only place that is appropriate, unless you expect to pay for
    private help.

  3. Re: where can I find Driver for ViewSonic Pf790 Monitor?

    Hi John,

    Thank you very much for the xorg.conf code for the Monitor and Screen sections.

    I can now use higher than 800x600 on a 19" Viewsonic running Ubuntu under VirtualBox on an XP machine.

    Regards,
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread