Help with Lexmark 5250 printer in Linux - Questions

This is a discussion on Help with Lexmark 5250 printer in Linux - Questions ; Hello All, I have a Lexmark 5250 All-In-One printer. It came bundled with a laptop I bought recently. I thought that it would be supported as the HP's are, but alas they are not. Lexmark makes available a developer's kit ...

  1. Help with Lexmark 5250 printer in Linux

    Hello All,

    I have a Lexmark 5250 All-In-One printer. It came bundled with a laptop I bought
    recently. I thought that it would be supported as the HP's are, but alas they
    are not.

    Lexmark makes available a developer's kit to write Linux drivers, but no
    actual drivers for Linux (I tried to write a driver myself but gave up -
    not being a seasoned programmer).

    Anyone have a 5250 printing on Linux?

    Alternatively can anyone put me in contact with someone who may be writing a
    driver?

    Any and all help would be appreciated, since I am thinking of selling it and
    buying an HP - the HPIJS driver is supported.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Help with Lexmark 5250 printer in Linux

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:44:48 -0400, Maxwell Hammer wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have a Lexmark 5250 All-In-One printer. It came bundled with a laptop I bought
    > recently. I thought that it would be supported as the HP's are, but alas they
    > are not.
    >
    > Lexmark makes available a developer's kit to write Linux drivers, but no
    > actual drivers for Linux (I tried to write a driver myself but gave up -
    > not being a seasoned programmer).
    >
    > Anyone have a 5250 printing on Linux?
    >
    > Alternatively can anyone put me in contact with someone who may be writing a
    > driver?
    >
    > Any and all help would be appreciated, since I am thinking of selling it and
    > buying an HP - the HPIJS driver is supported.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Try 'linuxprinting.org'
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread