Where KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE 2005? - Questions

This is a discussion on Where KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE 2005? - Questions ; Please could anyone point me to the KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE 2005? online directions point to the control panel under K>Settings>Control Center and on my desktop in which K =Menu (there is no K anywhere), there is no ...

  1. Where KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE 2005?

    Please could anyone point me to the KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE 2005?
    online directions point to the control panel under K>Settings>Control Center
    and on my desktop in which K =Menu (there is no K anywhere), there is no
    'Settings' nor anywhere a 'Control Center'.

    Am I using the wrong linux instructions for my Mandriva SE 2005? I am using
    these guidelines: http://www.tuxs.org/winusekde.htm. TIA for all your
    help... katy

  2. Re: Where KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE 2005?

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:12:48 -0500, Katy wrote:
    > Please could anyone point me to the KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE 2005?
    > online directions point to the control panel under K>Settings>Control Center
    > and on my desktop in which K =Menu (there is no K anywhere), there is no
    > 'Settings' nor anywhere a 'Control Center'.

    /usr/bin/kcontrol

  3. Re: Where KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE 2005?

    Thanks BT, is usr off of Menu? or how do I get to USR from the Menu (Start)
    button? and then where from might be the capability of removing software?
    I thought I read that the Control Center was like windows control panel
    where a person could add/remove programs, is that possible in the
    /usr/bin/kcontrol? or if not, where would this capability be?
    Still learning.......... TIA, katy

    "Bit Twister" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:12:48 -0500, Katy wrote:
    >> Please could anyone point me to the KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE
    >> 2005?
    >> online directions point to the control panel under K>Settings>Control
    >> Center
    >> and on my desktop in which K =Menu (there is no K anywhere), there is no
    >> 'Settings' nor anywhere a 'Control Center'.

    > /usr/bin/kcontrol

  4. Re: Where KDE Control Center in Mandriva SE 2005?

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 21:16:11 -0500, Katy wrote:
    > Thanks BT, is usr off of Menu? or how do I get to USR from the Menu (Start)
    > button? and then where from might be the capability of removing software?
    > I thought I read that the Control Center was like windows control panel
    > where a person could add/remove programs, is that possible in the
    > /usr/bin/kcontrol? or if not, where would this capability be?
    > Still learning.......... TIA, katy

    You might want to ask Madriva questions in the the Mandrake usenet
    group alt.os.linux.mandrake

    Guessing you want the mandrake control center.
    You get to
    KDE Control Center from System-->Configuration-->Configure Your Desktop
    Mandrake Control Center from System-->Configuration-->Configure Your Computer

    If you cannot get to the Mandrake Control Center
    you can click up a terminal and do a
    su -l root

    export DISPLAY=:0
    mcc