Newbie need help - Questions

This is a discussion on Newbie need help - Questions ; I have installed Mandrake 10.1 and i have problem with cd-writer- model LG CD-RW CED 8120B. Hard Drake see it as cd-writer but i can't burn cd. In file fstab is : /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto rw,noauto,users 0 0 but when ...

  1. Newbie need help

    I have installed Mandrake 10.1 and i have problem with cd-writer- model LG
    CD-RW CED 8120B. Hard Drake see it as cd-writer but i can't burn cd. In
    file fstab is : /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto rw,noauto,users 0 0 but when I
    prompt "mount /mnt/cdrom" I see announce :" mount: block device /dev/hdc is
    write-protected, mounting read only". Can you help me? I am newbie to linux
    and i dont know how to fix it. Thanks in advance
    --
    romcio

  2. Re: Newbie need help

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 12:42:17 +0200, romcio wrote:
    > I have installed Mandrake 10.1 and i have problem with cd-writer- model LG
    > CD-RW CED 8120B. Hard Drake see it as cd-writer but i can't burn cd. In
    > file fstab is : /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto rw,noauto,users 0 0 but when I
    > prompt "mount /mnt/cdrom" I see announce :" mount: block device /dev/hdc is
    > write-protected, mounting read only". Can you help me? I am newbie to linux
    > and i dont know how to fix it. Thanks in advance

    Click up a terminal
    su -l root

    export DISPLAY=:0.0
    Does it work as root. Try this
    /usr/bin/k3bsetup
    k3b
    If works,
    mcc
    and add the burning group to your your user account, log out/in the
    user account to get the burning account.

  3. Re: Newbie need help

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 12:42:17 +0200, romcio wrote:

    > I have installed Mandrake 10.1 and i have problem with cd-writer- model LG
    > CD-RW CED 8120B. Hard Drake see it as cd-writer but i can't burn cd. In
    > file fstab is : /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto rw,noauto,users 0 0 but when I
    > prompt "mount /mnt/cdrom" I see announce :" mount: block device /dev/hdc is
    > write-protected, mounting read only". Can you help me? I am newbie to linux
    > and i dont know how to fix it. Thanks in advance

    Heres what I have on my redhat system for the fstab entry

    /dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

    I also have changed the mount point in the past to /mount/cdrom1 and
    then just created the mount point (mkdir /mnt/cdrom1). Both
    seem to work. Is it a mandrake thing that requires the device
    for a cdrom burner to be /dev/hdc?

+ Reply to Thread