From: "Daniel Koepke"
Subject: Re: Learning Curve...
Date: Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:32 PM

Sorry for not being more specific. My point was to try to give the
impression of my experience and what I have been used to in the past. I
went from DOS 5.0, to DOS 6.2, Win 3.11, Win95, Win98 and up until
recently (meaning the last couple of weeks of linux), Win 2K (at home and
work). So, that has been about 13 years, give or take. As for what I
was doing with DOS at that time...well, probably not much more than
changing directories and running executables

I realize rh7.3 is a bit on the old side, but I am new to all this and
this is what I had available. I have already updated the kernel and
installed several programs and updates successfully. I am not all that
concerned with being on the cutting edge, and seeing this is a secondary
computer, I am fine with that. I will likely be using this mainly for
basic computing needs plus an internet connection...well, that and just
to get a better feel for the linux environment.

So, it sounds like I could be looking at a few months with tutorials and
how-to's for what I will likely be doing. I am using gnome right now, so
the basic concepts, as you stated, are similar. I am just learning what
programs I really have available.

Thanks for your reply. does it really make much sends for me to be
looking for brand new releases if everything I have been doing on this
box is working fine?

Dan