Problem with cd writing on kernel-2.6.10 - Questions

This is a discussion on Problem with cd writing on kernel-2.6.10 - Questions ; hi, When I tried to emulate the CD_RW as SCSI drive using IDE_SCSI it show some error messages and I can't even use the CD Drive for mountinf a single CD. When I am doing it in a 2.4.x version ...

  1. Problem with cd writing on kernel-2.6.10

    hi,

    When I tried to emulate the CD_RW as SCSI drive using IDE_SCSI it
    show some error messages and I can't even use the CD Drive for mountinf
    a single CD. When I am doing it in a 2.4.x version of the kernel it
    works fine.

    Is there any changes occured in 2.6.10 kernel in which we can use
    IDE direcltly instead of using the emulating as SCSI for CD writing.

    Please specify a way in which I can do CD writing over kernel
    2.6.10

    Thanks in Advance

  2. Re: Problem with cd writing on kernel-2.6.10

    XirriX wrote:

    >hi,
    >
    > When I tried to emulate the CD_RW as SCSI drive using IDE_SCSI it
    >show some error messages and I can't even use the CD Drive for mountinf
    >a single CD. When I am doing it in a 2.4.x version of the kernel it
    >works fine.
    >
    > Is there any changes occured in 2.6.10 kernel in which we can use
    >IDE direcltly instead of using the emulating as SCSI for CD writing.
    >
    > Please specify a way in which I can do CD writing over kernel
    >2.6.10
    >

    > Thanks in Advance

    http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_ATAPI_CD_Burning
    Or use a graphical interface. Personally I like k3b.

    Mihai

  3. Re: Problem with cd writing on kernel-2.6.10

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 03:06:34 -0800, XirriX wrote:

    > hi,
    >
    > When I tried to emulate the CD_RW as SCSI drive using IDE_SCSI it
    > show some error messages and I can't even use the CD Drive for mountinf
    > a single CD. When I am doing it in a 2.4.x version of the kernel it
    > works fine.
    >
    > Is there any changes occured in 2.6.10 kernel in which we can use
    > IDE direcltly instead of using the emulating as SCSI for CD writing.
    >
    > Please specify a way in which I can do CD writing over kernel
    > 2.6.10
    >

    > Thanks in Advance

    Take ide-scsi out of your bootloader config file. For lilo;
    /etc/lilo.conf for grub; /boot/grub/menu.lst then reboot and see if that
    helps. I run 2.6.8 and do not use scsi emulation any more.

    Regards,
    Brad

+ Reply to Thread