How do I mirror the ssh console with a coworker? - Questions

This is a discussion on How do I mirror the ssh console with a coworker? - Questions ; I have a coworker in Brazil who is doing SSH to my server to help me configure it. I asked if he knew a way to mirror his ssh session to my console so that I could watch his keystrokes ...

  1. How do I mirror the ssh console with a coworker?

    I have a coworker in Brazil who is doing SSH to my server to help me
    configure it. I asked if he knew a way to mirror his ssh session to my
    console so that I could watch his keystrokes and learn from him. He
    said he thought there /should/ be a way, but he didn't know it. Do any
    of you know the command?

  2. Re: How do I mirror the ssh console with a coworker?

    googlemike@hotpop.com wrote:
    > I have a coworker in Brazil who is doing SSH to my server to help me
    > configure it. I asked if he knew a way to mirror his ssh session to my
    > console so that I could watch his keystrokes and learn from him. He
    > said he thought there /should/ be a way, but he didn't know it. Do any
    > of you know the command?

    One of you two has to start the program "screen" and he will get a
    virtual terminal. The other can attach himself to the same terminal with
    "screen -x".
    It is a very cool command. I use it for example to leave a program
    running at work ("screen very_long_process"), then check how it is going
    from home ("ssh work; screen -r"). Read the manual.

    Mihai

+ Reply to Thread