mouse instability - Questions

This is a discussion on mouse instability - Questions ; I am running Fedora core-3. it shares a belkin mouse/keyboard/moinitor switch box with 2 other PCs (windows-xp and xandros). when i switch from fedora to, say, the xp pc and then eventually come back to fedora, my mouse is unusable. ...

  1. mouse instability

    I am running Fedora core-3. it shares a belkin mouse/keyboard/moinitor switch
    box with 2 other PCs (windows-xp and xandros). when i switch from fedora to,
    say, the xp pc and then eventually come back to fedora, my mouse is unusable.
    it's not that there is no response, it's that the slightest movement creates a
    beehive of insane program selection activity (as if i were superman with the
    mouse:moving/clicking with astonishing spees).

    i seem to recall having this problem years ago with RH 8 or 9 and fixed it by
    twiddling something in XF86Config or some such. not only can i not remember what
    i did to resolve it then, but i cannot even find XF86Config on fedora.

    i recently upgraded to fedora (from rh-9) on 'general principles'...i clearly
    did not do my homework wrt understanding the differences. my laziness aside, i
    cannot seem to find any info on this problem. i managed to figure it out in the
    past but have failed in doing so this time around. i gotta believe i'm not alone
    with this issue.

    any advice?

    Tx,

    - rich

    --
    rich.coco@verizon.net

  2. Re: mouse instability

    A common problem. A frozen mouse can be cured by starting another
    terminal in linux. Alt-ctrl-Fx and going back to X. The mouse
    will not unfreeze. This is documented on the net google wise
    and there may be fixes.

    Manufacturers say there is a software fix too. Dunno.

    EC<:-}

    Rich Coco wrote:
    > I am running Fedora core-3. it shares a belkin mouse/keyboard/moinitor
    > switch box with 2 other PCs (windows-xp and xandros). when i switch from
    > fedora to, say, the xp pc and then eventually come back to fedora, my
    > mouse is unusable. it's not that there is no response, it's that the
    > slightest movement creates a beehive of insane program selection
    > activity (as if i were superman with the mouse:moving/clicking with
    > astonishing spees).
    >
    > i seem to recall having this problem years ago with RH 8 or 9 and fixed
    > it by twiddling something in XF86Config or some such. not only can i not
    > remember what i did to resolve it then, but i cannot even find
    > XF86Config on fedora.
    >
    > i recently upgraded to fedora (from rh-9) on 'general principles'...i
    > clearly did not do my homework wrt understanding the differences. my
    > laziness aside, i cannot seem to find any info on this problem. i
    > managed to figure it out in the past but have failed in doing so this
    > time around. i gotta believe i'm not alone with this issue.
    >
    > any advice?
    >
    > Tx,
    >
    > - rich
    >
    > --