sound volume Mandrake 10.1 on Dell Latitude D505 ? - Questions

This is a discussion on sound volume Mandrake 10.1 on Dell Latitude D505 ? - Questions ; Hi everyone. I have installed Mandrake 10.1 on a Dell D505. I'd like to be able to adjust the sound volume with the FN key as I do in Windows, or at least turn off the annoying loud sound produced ...

  1. sound volume Mandrake 10.1 on Dell Latitude D505 ?

    Hi everyone.
    I have installed Mandrake 10.1 on a Dell D505.
    I'd like to be able to adjust the sound volume with
    the FN key as I do in Windows, or at least turn off
    the annoying loud sound produced when KDE starts
    (I'm attracting way too many angry looks in the library...)
    Anyone knows how to do that?
    thanks,
    Eric

  2. Re: sound volume Mandrake 10.1 on Dell Latitude D505 ?

    nmdc69@hotmail.com (Eric) said the following, on 03/01/05 13:04:
    > Hi everyone.
    > I have installed Mandrake 10.1 on a Dell D505.
    > I'd like to be able to adjust the sound volume with
    > the FN key as I do in Windows, or at least turn off
    > the annoying loud sound produced when KDE starts
    > (I'm attracting way too many angry looks in the library...)
    > Anyone knows how to do that?

    You can turn off the start-up sound from the main KDE menu, by choosing
    Settings / Control Center / Sound&Multimedia / System Notifications.

    To adjust the overall sound volume, from the main KDE menu, choose
    Multimedia / Sound / KMix (sound mixer). One of the KMix preference
    settings will give you a volume control in the task bar.

    --
    Rich Gibbs
    rgibbs@alumni.princeton.edu

+ Reply to Thread