Support for Java? - Questions

This is a discussion on Support for Java? - Questions ; About 5 to 6 years (do not remember exactly) Linus was just being to support Java. How is the Java Support for Linux now? Back then the Java SDK always came out for windoze and solaris first. There seemed to ...

  1. Support for Java?

    About 5 to 6 years (do not remember exactly) Linus was just being to support
    Java. How is the Java Support for Linux now? Back then the Java SDK always
    came out for windoze and solaris first. There seemed to be delay before the
    latest SDK reached Linux. Has that changed?

    Thanks

    Al

  2. Re: Support for Java?

    "Al" scribbled on the stall wall:

    > About 5 to 6 years (do not remember exactly) Linus was just being to support
    > Java. How is the Java Support for Linux now? Back then the Java SDK always
    > came out for windoze and solaris first. There seemed to be delay before the
    > latest SDK reached Linux. Has that changed?

    Linux supports java as well as windoze does.

  3. Re: Support for Java?

    Thanks

    Al

    "Wiseguy" wrote in message
    > "Al" scribbled on the stall wall:
    >>
    >> About 5 to 6 years (do not remember exactly) Linus was just being to
    >> support
    >> Java. How is the Java Support for Linux now? Back then the Java SDK
    >> always
    >> came out for windoze and solaris first. There seemed to be delay before
    >> the
    >> latest SDK reached Linux. Has that changed?
    >>

    > Linux supports java as well as windoze does.

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----

  4. Re: Support for Java?

    Al wrote:
    > About 5 to 6 years (do not remember exactly) Linus was just being to support
    > Java. How is the Java Support for Linux now? Back then the Java SDK always
    > came out for windoze and solaris first. There seemed to be delay before the
    > latest SDK reached Linux. Has that changed?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Al

    Hmm, our largest clients run j2ee apps on Linux. This includes
    government sites. Not to worry. Why don't you go look at java.sun.com
    and see what's available?

+ Reply to Thread