/dev/dsp-no such device - Questions

This is a discussion on /dev/dsp-no such device - Questions ; hello, I've got a problem with sound.When I run sound apps I get info"Sound server informational message: Error while initializing the sound driver: device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device) The sound server will continue, using the null output ...

  1. /dev/dsp-no such device

    hello,
    I've got a problem with sound.When I run sound apps I get info"Sound server
    informational message:
    Error while initializing the sound driver:
    device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)
    The sound server will continue, using the null output device".
    What's problem and how to resolve this????
    Thx for all

  2. Re: /dev/dsp-no such device

    Bemol wrote:
    > hello,
    > I've got a problem with sound.When I run sound apps I get info"Sound server
    > informational message:
    > Error while initializing the sound driver:
    > device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)
    > The sound server will continue, using the null output device".
    > What's problem and how to resolve this????
    > Thx for all

    Probably you don't get the right sound module loaded. Try to run
    alsaconf and see what happens.

    Mihai

+ Reply to Thread