Apache locks me out! - Questions

This is a discussion on Apache locks me out! - Questions ; "Client denied by server configuration" in the log and the "Test Page" is returned to the browser when I try to connect to my Named Virtual Host. My friend and I have been working on this for weeks now -- ...

  1. Apache locks me out!

    "Client denied by server configuration" in the log and the "Test Page" is
    returned to the browser when I try to connect to my Named Virtual Host. My
    friend and I have been working on this for weeks now -- and both of us are
    computer geeks.

    It must be that others have this problem. We have Apache 2.x and everything
    else is vanilla out of the box Red Hat Linux.

    Help!

    PS. We have already opened permissions on all directories, added .htaccess
    files out the wazoo and added "allow from all" everywhere including in the
    httpd.conf file.

  2. Re: Apache locks me out!

    Paz9 wrote:
    > "Client denied by server configuration" in the log and the "Test Page" is
    > returned to the browser when I try to connect to my Named Virtual Host. My
    > friend and I have been working on this for weeks now -- and both of us are
    > computer geeks.
    >
    > It must be that others have this problem. We have Apache 2.x and everything
    > else is vanilla out of the box Red Hat Linux.
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > PS. We have already opened permissions on all directories, added .htaccess
    > files out the wazoo and added "allow from all" everywhere including in the
    > httpd.conf file.

    Saw this someplace else, might help you as well:

    Finally resolved this too. Had to modify the apache2-httpd.include.conf
    included with OTRS and add these two lines to the Location section.

    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

+ Reply to Thread