Debian Sarge Display problem - Questions

This is a discussion on Debian Sarge Display problem - Questions ; I am running Linux Debian Sarge distr.. When I installed it I had difficulty knowing what to put down for my VIDEO CARD - as it is built in to the motherboard. Everything turned out ok except for the display: ...

  1. Debian Sarge Display problem

    I am running Linux Debian Sarge distr.. When I installed it I had difficulty
    knowing what to put down for my VIDEO CARD - as it is built in to the
    motherboard. Everything turned out ok except for the display: it is almost
    'square' on my 15" rectangular CRT....i.e.: there is ALOT of unused space on
    the display. Can anyone tell me where to look & what to do to reconfigure my
    display?
    Many Thanks In Advance - NuB.

  2. Re: Debian Sarge Display problem

    In comp.os.linux.help NuB wrote:
    > I am running Linux Debian Sarge distr..
    > Can anyone tell me where to look & what to do to reconfigure my
    > display?

    The is an application called Xvidtune. This installs as part of the Debian X
    installation.

    Xvidtune will allow you to make picture height, width and positional
    adjustments.

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --

    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West

    Reply to: markhobley at hotpop dot do_not_type_this_bit com

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  3. Re: Debian Sarge Display problem

    Mark Hobley wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.help NuB wrote:
    >> I am running Linux Debian Sarge distr..
    >> Can anyone tell me where to look & what to do to reconfigure my
    >> display?

    > The is an application called Xvidtune. This installs as part of the Debian
    > X installation.
    >
    > Xvidtune will allow you to make picture height, width and positional
    > adjustments.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark.

    start xvitune in a terminal
    then you can "show" modelines
    and then paste the modeline into your XF86Config

  4. Re: Debian Sarge Display problem

    NuB wrote:
    > I am running Linux Debian Sarge distr.. When I installed it I had difficulty
    > knowing what to put down for my VIDEO CARD - as it is built in to the
    > motherboard. Everything turned out ok except for the display: it is almost
    > 'square' on my 15" rectangular CRT....i.e.: there is ALOT of unused space on
    > the display. Can anyone tell me where to look & what to do to reconfigure my
    > display?
    > Many Thanks In Advance - NuB.

    If you have X11 6.8.1 or 6.8.2 installed use xorgsetup and it will
    determine your display to the highest it's ability, I am running
    Slackware 10.1 but X11 is in all for the Distros for the XWindow
    system.You may have a scroll mouse too, and if you have the settings
    already set to use it, you will have to reset then after this. I was
    running 1280x1024 and now 1400x1050 24bit color.

+ Reply to Thread