TV Tuner question - Questions

This is a discussion on TV Tuner question - Questions ; I have been trying to get an ATI AIW 7500 set up so I can watch TV on a Fedora distro, and I am just not getting it. My computer experience dates back to punch cards and mainframes, and pretty ...

  1. TV Tuner question

    I have been trying to get an ATI AIW 7500 set up so I can watch TV on a
    Fedora distro, and I am just not getting it.

    My computer experience dates back to punch cards and mainframes, and
    pretty much everything in between. But, my nix exposure has been
    strictly as user. I am a programmer so the concepts of archiving,
    compressing, compiling, linking, etc..are not foreign to me, but all the
    linux documentation I read seems to fade into a bad dream.

    I need interactive feedback to *connect the dots*

    If this is the wrong group, flame away with RTFM, but quite frankly I've
    read them and I'm just not getting it.

    The problem at hand:

    ATI AIW Radeon 7500
    Linux Fedora distro

    I want to watch TV.

    Any Help?

    Chris

  2. Re: TV Tuner question

    In article , Chris A. Kusmierz wrote:
    > ATI AIW Radeon 7500
    > Linux Fedora distro
    >
    > I want to watch TV.
    >
    > Any Help?
    >
    > Chris

    Hi Chris,

    You haven't told us what documentation that you've read or what you've
    actually tried to do to get your setup working, but these two links
    should tell you all you need to know:

    http://www.exploits.org/v4l/
    http://gatos.sourceforge.net/

    Cheers,
    Jason

  3. Re: TV Tuner question

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:08:08 +0000, Jason Stewart wrote:

    > In article , Chris A. Kusmierz wrote:
    >> ATI AIW Radeon 7500
    >> Linux Fedora distro
    >>
    >> I want to watch TV.
    >>
    >> Any Help?
    >>
    >> Chris

    > Hi Chris,
    >
    > You haven't told us what documentation that you've read or what you've
    > actually tried to do to get your setup working, but these two links
    > should tell you all you need to know:
    >
    > http://www.exploits.org/v4l/
    > http://gatos.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jason

    I don;t know about your specific card but I have had great success using
    TV Time on Fedora Core 3. I use one of the WinTV GO cards that I picked
    up for cheap.

    I don't recall what I did to get it to work but it was realatively
    straight forward.

+ Reply to Thread