I'm a newbie to a Linux world ... but must admit that whole whoooha about
Linux made me curious.
This is what I wanna do (and questions to knowledgeable folks):

In general: make a partition, install Linux, install Skype and test if it
works...

Step-by-step and Qeustions ----
1. make a partition (Q: how big you suggest?)
2. Install Linux (Q: which one You suggest for a newbie - given choices from
Skype site):
-- RPM for SuSE 9 and newer (3.9 MB)
-- RPM for Mandrake 9 and newer (4.0 MB)
-- RPM for Fedora Core 2 (3.9 MB)
-- RPM for systems with Qt 3.1 (4.0 MB)
-- Dynamic binary tar.bz2 (4.0 MB)
-- Static binary tar.bz2 with Qt 3.2 compiled in (6.4 MB)
Note please: I don't wanna spend a fortune (if anything at all - I just
wanna try it, not buy it -- yet)

------------
Just out of curiosity ---
Has anybody used Skype under Linux?
How does it behave?
What are WORKING minimum req's are needed (equipment)?
Skype ppl suggesting :
a.. 400 MHz processor
a.. 128 MB RAM
a.. 10 MB free disk space on your hard drive
What Your oppinion on that?

Thanks in advance ...
Peace ...
Jeff