CUPS - Help needed to configure generic ascii text printer - Questions

This is a discussion on CUPS - Help needed to configure generic ascii text printer - Questions ; I have a generic ascii text only listing printer. How do I configure cups to send raw ascii text to the printer? I do not require cups to do any translation, formatting, or coverting to graphics mode. I just want ...

  1. CUPS - Help needed to configure generic ascii text printer

    I have a generic ascii text only listing printer. How do I configure cups to
    send raw ascii text to the printer? I do not require cups to do any
    translation, formatting, or coverting to graphics mode. I just want the files
    to be sent to the printer exactly as written.

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --

    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West

    Reply to: markhobley at hotpop dot do_not_type_this_bit com

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  2. Re: CUPS - Help needed to configure generic ascii text printer

    markhobley@hotpop.deletethisbit.com (Mark Hobley) writes:

    > I have a generic ascii text only listing printer. How do I configure cups to
    > send raw ascii text to the printer? I do not require cups to do any
    > translation, formatting, or coverting to graphics mode. I just want the files
    > to be sent to the printer exactly as written.

    Set it up as a "raw" queue. That's all there is to do.

    --
    Roger Leigh

    Printing on GNU/Linux? http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/
    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848. Please sign and encrypt your mail.

+ Reply to Thread