Running embedded RedHat/Fedora Core from Flash Disk - Questions

This is a discussion on Running embedded RedHat/Fedora Core from Flash Disk - Questions ; I have an embedded PentiumII PC with * 128MB Flash Disk * 256MB RAM * Network card * Serial (RS232) port * Parallel printer port * ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) board * PIO (Parallel I/O) board * No hard ...

  1. Running embedded RedHat/Fedora Core from Flash Disk

    I have an embedded PentiumII PC with
    * 128MB Flash Disk
    * 256MB RAM
    * Network card
    * Serial (RS232) port
    * Parallel printer port
    * ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) board
    * PIO (Parallel I/O) board
    * No hard disk
    * No graphics card

    How can I embed the RedHat or Fedora Core 1/2 into Flash Disk ?
    (I'll access it via rsh or TELNET)

  2. Re: Running embedded RedHat/Fedora Core from Flash Disk

    wrote:

    > I have an embedded PentiumII PC with
    > * 128MB Flash Disk
    > * 256MB RAM
    > * Network card
    > * Serial (RS232) port
    > * Parallel printer port
    > * ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) board
    > * PIO (Parallel I/O) board
    > * No hard disk
    > * No graphics card
    >
    > How can I embed the RedHat or Fedora Core 1/2 into Flash Disk ?
    > (I'll access it via rsh or TELNET)

    Hans,

    I've never done this with Fedora but I did a similar thing with a PC-104
    system once. We used white dwarf linux for the OS

    http://www.blast.com/wd_about.html

    it was quite nice, full featured distro
    check it out

    Dave

  3. Re: Running embedded RedHat/Fedora Core from Flash Disk

    Is Dwarf Linux free ?
    > Hans,
    >
    > I've never done this with Fedora but I did a similar thing with a PC-104
    > system once. We used white dwarf linux for the OS
    >
    > http://www.blast.com/wd_about.html
    >
    > it was quite nice, full featured distro
    > check it out
    >
    > Dave

  4. Re: Running embedded RedHat/Fedora Core from Flash Disk

    wrote:

    > Is Dwarf Linux free ?
    >> Hans,
    >>
    >> I've never done this with Fedora but I did a similar thing with a PC-104
    >> system once. We used white dwarf linux for the OS
    >>
    >> http://www.blast.com/wd_about.html
    >>
    >> it was quite nice, full featured distro
    >> check it out
    >>
    >> Dave