system call table? - Questions

This is a discussion on system call table? - Questions ; Hi all, I have a question wants to ask everybody. The sys_call_table is no longer exported in 2.6.x kernels. so,Is there any method of accessing the system call table in the 2.6 kernel? Thanks in advance Terence...

  1. system call table?

    Hi all,

    I have a question wants to ask everybody.

    The sys_call_table is no longer exported in 2.6.x kernels.

    so,Is there any method of accessing the system call table in the 2.6 kernel?

    Thanks in advance
    Terence

  2. Re: system call table?

    terence@ms71.url.com.tw wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a question wants to ask everybody.
    >
    > The sys_call_table is no longer exported in 2.6.x kernels.
    >
    > so,Is there any method of accessing the system call table in the 2.6 kernel?

    The sys_call_table is no longer exported because you
    are not supposed to access it. Instead of looking for
    ways to access it, you should look for a better
    solution to your problem. If we knew what you were
    trying to do, we might be able to give you some more
    advice.

    FUT: cold.system

    --
    Kasper Dupont -- der bruger for meget tid paa usenet.
    #define _(_)_"rdk"/* This is my real email address */

  3. Re: system call table?

    Kasper Dupont wrote in message news:<413EFF66.579E3E01@nospam.lir.dk.invalid>...
    > terence@ms71.url.com.tw wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I have a question wants to ask everybody.
    > >
    > > The sys_call_table is no longer exported in 2.6.x kernels.
    > >
    > > so,Is there any method of accessing the system call table in the 2.6 kernel?

    > The sys_call_table is no longer exported because you
    > are not supposed to access it. Instead of looking for
    > ways to access it, you should look for a better
    > solution to your problem. If we knew what you were
    > trying to do, we might be able to give you some more
    > advice.

    Thank you for your answers.

    I am trying to test a program,
    and the program in http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.6/html/x971.html.

    Because the program can't run in 2.6 linux kernel,
    so how should I do ? or another method can add a system call to 2.6 kernel?

    > FUT: cold.system

  4. Re: system call table?

    terence@ms71.url.com.tw wrote:
    > Kasper Dupont wrote in message news:<413EFF66.579E3E01@nospam.lir.dk.invalid>...
    >
    >>terence@ms71.url.com.tw wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi all,
    >>>
    >>>I have a question wants to ask everybody.
    >>>
    >>>The sys_call_table is no longer exported in 2.6.x kernels.
    >>>
    >>>so,Is there any method of accessing the system call table in the 2.6 kernel?

    >>The sys_call_table is no longer exported because you
    >>are not supposed to access it. Instead of looking for
    >>ways to access it, you should look for a better
    >>solution to your problem. If we knew what you were
    >>trying to do, we might be able to give you some more
    >>advice.
    >>

    > Thank you for your answers.
    >
    > I am trying to test a program,
    > and the program in http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.6/html/x971.html.
    >
    > Because the program can't run in 2.6 linux kernel,
    > so how should I do ? or another method can add a system call to 2.6 kernel?

    The message is: You should not attempt to add own system calls. They
    create more problems than solutions. Forget the example.

    The /proc file system creates ways to access the kernel internals
    without messing up the libc - kernel connection. Create a module
    with /proc entries and use them for your communication.

    HTH

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

+ Reply to Thread