How to use 3D support with SuSE Linux ? - Questions

This is a discussion on How to use 3D support with SuSE Linux ? - Questions ; Situation: I want to use the 3D support of my motherboard with SuSE Linux to start several applications that use this functionality (e.g. the crawling ant screensaver). I am positive that the motherboard (Intel) supports 3D, as I've run Fedora ...

  1. How to use 3D support with SuSE Linux ?

    Situation: I want to use the 3D support of my motherboard with SuSE Linux to start several applications that use this functionality (e.g. the crawling ant screensaver). I am positive that the motherboard (Intel) supports 3D, as I've run Fedora Core 1 in the past without any 3D hitches.

    Running 3Ddiag in the terminal, I get the following....

    Tests for XFree86 configuration:
    Config File /etc/X11/XF86Config ... done.
    Driver ... done.
    Color Depth ... done.
    Extensions ... failed!
    3D Hardware acceleration is not used. To use 3D
    Hardware acceleration please specify these entries

    Load "dri"

    in the Section "Module" of your /etc/X11/XF86Config.

    I next go to the "Module" section of /etc/X11/XF86Config: and add the last (Load "dri") line, so that it looks like this:

    Section "Module"
    Load "type1"
    Load "speedo"
    Load "extmod"
    Load "freetype"
    Load "glx"
    Load "dri"
    EndSection

    Finally, to test my configuration regarding the 3D feature, I use the command
    glxinfo | grep rendering

    to test if 3D is activated. The output is dissappointing, and reads:direct rendering: NoWhat am I doing wrong? Please help.-G

  2. Re: How to use 3D support with SuSE Linux ?

    "gurdude" wrote:

    > Situation: I want to use the 3D support of my motherboard with SuSE

    .... fix your RIGHT COLUMN at <= 70
    and DO NOT POST in HTML

    BOFH Excuse #39: terrorist activities

+ Reply to Thread