How do I run install.h files? - Questions

This is a discussion on How do I run install.h files? - Questions ; How do I run install.h files?...

  1. How do I run install.h files?

    How do I run install.h files?

  2. Re: How do I run install.h files?

  3. Re: How do I run install.h files?

    Lew Pitcher wrote:

    > piddy wrote:
    >> How do I run install.h files?

    > What sort of file is

    .... hmmmm. "piddy", eh? appears to be the same piddy
    that hangs out in rec.motorcycles, and who lives in my
    killfile, because of his trolling antics

    nice try piddy
    ..
    Meskimen's Law: There's never time to do it right,
    but there's always time to do it over.

  4. Re: How do I run install.h files?

    Lew Pitcher wrote:

    > piddy wrote:
    >> How do I run install.h files?

    > What sort of file is "install.h"? What does "file install.h" tell you
    > about it?
    >
    > On the surface, the filename is similar to the names that C language
    > "header" files are given. C header files are not "runnable".
    >
    > Tell us what sort of file you have, and we can tell you how to run it.

    It was install.sh
    I'm trying to install freepascal and Lazarus.
    I don't know much about Linux except using the KDE.
    Should I try ./install.sh
    Will I have to be logged on root?

  5. Re: How do I run install.h files?

    mjt wrote:

    > Lew Pitcher wrote:
    >
    >> piddy wrote:
    >>> How do I run install.h files?

    >> What sort of file is

    > ... hmmmm. "piddy", eh? appears to be the same piddy
    > that hangs out in rec.motorcycles, and who lives in my
    > killfile, because of his trolling antics
    >
    > nice try piddy
    > .

    Motorcycle riders don't use puters, except to get porn.

    comments?

  6. Re: How do I run install.h files?

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:34:20 GMT, piddy wrote:

    > I'm trying to install freepascal and Lazarus.
    > I don't know much about Linux except using the KDE.

    put this in your browser
    /usr/share/doc/mandrake/en/Command-Line.html/index.html
    if not found
    http://doc.mandrakelinux.com/Mandrak...and-Line.html/
    for more in depth look at linux
    http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/index.html.gz

    > Should I try ./install.sh

    that would execute it if the execute permission is set.
    man ls
    man chmod

    > Will I have to be logged on root?

    Depends on what install.sh needs to do.
    installing software for uses would requrie root privs.

+ Reply to Thread