Linux and digital cameras - Questions

This is a discussion on Linux and digital cameras - Questions ; I am going to buy a digital camera. I know there are programs like gphoto2 and gtkam in linux. Unfortunatelly they do not support all cameres especially the new ones which are the most interesting. Can I solve the problem ...

  1. Linux and digital cameras

    I am going to buy a digital camera. I know there are programs like gphoto2
    and gtkam in linux. Unfortunatelly they do not support all cameres
    especially the new ones which are the most interesting. Can I solve the
    problem by buying a card reader. How do I get it working in linux?

  2. Re: Linux and digital cameras

    Juha wrote:

    > Can I solve the
    > problem by buying a card reader.

    yes

    > How do I get it working in linux?

    use google. start here:
    http://www.deepwater.uklinux.net/Com...b-storage.html

    The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's
    there to appreciate it. - Franklin P. Jones

  3. Re: Linux and digital cameras

    "Juha" wrote in
    newsan.2004.08.24.20.27.14.108742@luukku.com:

    > I am going to buy a digital camera. I know there are programs like
    > gphoto2 and gtkam in linux. Unfortunatelly they do not support all
    > cameres especially the new ones which are the most interesting. Can I
    > solve the problem by buying a card reader. How do I get it working in
    > linux?

    Many new cameras will work as a standard USB hard drive.

    Plug it in and it looks like a normal disk to Linux,
    no special software needed.

    --
    Regards,
    Bob Wiegand