BIG problem with fonts - Questions

This is a discussion on BIG problem with fonts - Questions ; I have Mandrake 9.1 and I tried to install gtk+-2.5.1 in order to install another program, because of the dependencies I also needed to install the following: atk-1.7.3 expat-1.95.8 fontconfig-2.2.0 freetype-2.1.3 glib-2.5.1 pango-1.5.2 jpegsrc.v6b tiff-v3.6.1 After a LOT of headaches, ...

  1. BIG problem with fonts

    I have Mandrake 9.1 and I tried to install gtk+-2.5.1 in order to
    install another program, because of the dependencies I also needed to
    install the following:

    atk-1.7.3
    expat-1.95.8
    fontconfig-2.2.0
    freetype-2.1.3
    glib-2.5.1
    pango-1.5.2
    jpegsrc.v6b
    tiff-v3.6.1

    After a LOT of headaches, I sucesfully installed from source all the
    libraries needed by gtk, my problem is that after that when I tried
    to load Mandrake Control Center or the package manager in KDE or
    almost any other program from KDE I cannot see the fonts in the
    different windows (so I cannot see any text in those windows), I have
    already tried uninstalling the new libraries and install the ones that
    come with the distribution cd's without result
    any comments, or help to solve this problem would be greatly
    appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Hector

    Pd: sorry for my english, is not my natural language

  2. Re: BIG problem with fonts

    try compiling the kernel with frame buffer support. this is a shot in
    the dark but might work
    -suman.

  3. Re: BIG problem with fonts

    schakrava@emich.edu (suman) wrote in message news:<4c4e79ca.0408281640.408cd527@posting.google.com>...
    > try compiling the kernel with frame buffer support. this is a shot in
    > the dark but might work
    > -suman.

    How do I do this???

+ Reply to Thread