How to calculate CPU Burst time? - Questions

This is a discussion on How to calculate CPU Burst time? - Questions ; How can we calculate CPU Burst time for processes? i.e., In SJF(Shortest Job First) scheduling method, the CPU processes the process which has a short Burst Time. How come the CPU know the burst time of each processes before executing ...

  1. How to calculate CPU Burst time?

    How can we calculate CPU Burst time for processes?
    i.e., In SJF(Shortest Job First) scheduling method, the CPU processes
    the process which has a short Burst Time. How come the CPU know the
    burst time of each processes before executing it? If anybody knows the
    answer, pls reply me with the answer.

    My E-mail ID:saravananblore@yahoo.co.in

    Thank u all.

  2. Re: How to calculate CPU Burst time?

    saravananblore@yahoo.co.in wrote:
    > How can we calculate CPU Burst time for processes?
    > i.e., In SJF(Shortest Job First) scheduling method, the CPU processes
    > the process which has a short Burst Time. How come the CPU know the
    > burst time of each processes before executing it? If anybody knows the
    > answer, pls reply me with the answer.
    >
    > My E-mail ID:saravananblore@yahoo.co.in
    >
    > Thank u all.

    you have to use probable stats. fuzzy logic basically

+ Reply to Thread