open source/free anti-virus? - Questions

This is a discussion on open source/free anti-virus? - Questions ; Is there a good free/open source antivirus for linux? I have Linux RH9 right now... Thanks. -dave...

  1. open source/free anti-virus?

    Is there a good free/open source antivirus for linux? I have Linux RH9 right
    now...

    Thanks.
    -dave

  2. Re: open source/free anti-virus?

    D E wrote:
    > Is there a good free/open source antivirus for linux? I have Linux RH9 right
    > now...

    There is one but it is more for a mailserver that delivers mail
    to windows systems.
    hint: clamav.net

    --
    Confucius: He who play in root, eventually kill tree.
    Registered with The Linux Counter. http://counter.li.org/

  3. Re: open source/free anti-virus?

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:00:35 GMT, D E wrote:

    > Is there a good free/open source antivirus for linux? I have Linux RH9
    > right
    > now...
    >
    > Thanks.
    > -dave

    try a Google search on F-PROT, I think they offer a free command line
    scanner and updates using a perl script.

  4. Re: open source/free anti-virus?

    In comp.os.linux.misc alan moffat wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:00:35 GMT, D E wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a good free/open source antivirus for linux? I have Linux RH9
    > > right now...
    > >

    > try a Google search on F-PROT, I think they offer a free command line
    > scanner and updates using a perl script.

    And as everyone should know, it's FOR windows "viruses", and it runs ON
    linux, to protect WINDOWS clients of a linux server from themselves.

    Peter

  5. Re: open source/free anti-virus?

    Am Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:50:16 +0000 schrieb P.T. Breuer:

    > In comp.os.linux.misc alan moffat wrote:
    >> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:00:35 GMT, D E wrote:
    >>
    >> > Is there a good free/open source antivirus for linux? I have Linux RH9
    >> > right now...
    >> >

    >> try a Google search on F-PROT, I think they offer a free command line
    >> scanner and updates using a perl script.

    > And as everyone should know, it's FOR windows "viruses", and it runs ON
    > linux, to protect WINDOWS clients of a linux server from themselves.
    >
    > Peter

    How true that is......Comon sence generally protects from the dew Linux
    viruses out their that do exist.

    Jeremy

  6. Re: open source/free anti-virus?

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 01:14:04 +0200, Jeremy Schoenhaar wrote:

    > Am Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:50:16 +0000 schrieb P.T. Breuer:

    >>> try a Google search on F-PROT, I think they offer a free command line
    >>> scanner and updates using a perl script.

    >> And as everyone should know, it's FOR windows "viruses", and it runs ON
    >> linux, to protect WINDOWS clients of a linux server from themselves.
    >>
    >> Peter

    > How true that is......Comon sence generally protects from the dew Linux
    > viruses out their that do exist.
    >
    > Jeremy

    free/open source - clamav. also a daemon - clamd and a sendmail filter -
    clamav-milter

    f-prot is not free. there is a free to home user client version. not free
    to businessess, not free as a daemon, not free for mail servers.

  7. Change libpthread in Debian-Woody

    Hi

    I am currently developing applications running
    on Debian-Woody, and I have problems caused by
    the 2Mo limitation of the stack size due to
    the libpthread 0.9

    Unfortunately I have no root privileges so I
    can't upgrade to a Debian-Sarge

    Is it possible to use the libpthread 0.10
    with a Debian-Woody, for example by simply
    copying a libpthread-0.10 in my home directory
    then change my LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?
    Or by any other means ?

    PKD

+ Reply to Thread