Hi,

I have an external 120 GB USB-IDE-Disk connected to my USB 2.0 host
controller.
Used Linux version ist Mandrake 10 (kernel 2.6.3) on x86 Athlon and
Epox onboard USB.
The drive is detected, I partitioned it and formatted the partitions.
While copying small files, the drive is quite fast (~ 10 MB/s). If I
copy more than 100 MB on the disk, the whole system hangs until I
unload ehci-hcd.

The same configuration works under win2k without problems...
It also works with USB 1.1 (OHCI).
Kernel 2.4.22 (Mandrake 9) resulted in the same problem as soon as the
EHCI-driver has been used.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how it can be solved?

Thanks,
Jochen