hda not found - Questions

This is a discussion on hda not found - Questions ; Hello all I just started installing gentoo linux on my notebook with live-cd. After I boot the System with the live-cd, I cannot fdisk my harddisk. It is not found on the system. How can I do a Hardware check ...

  1. hda not found

    Hello all

    I just started installing gentoo linux on my notebook with live-cd. After I
    boot the System with the live-cd, I cannot fdisk my harddisk. It is not
    found on the system.

    How can I do a Hardware check or what do I have to do to find the Harddrive?

    Thanks a lot for your help!

    Peter

  2. Re: hda not found

    Herger Peter wrote:

    > I cannot fdisk my harddisk.

    ... what does:
    # fdisk -l /dev/hda

    reveal?
    ..
    "You've got to think about tomorrow!"
    "TOMORROW! I haven't even prepared for *_________yesterday* yet!"

  3. Re: hda not found

    Herger Peter wrote:
    > Hello all
    >
    > I just started installing gentoo linux on my notebook with live-cd.
    > After I boot the System with the live-cd, I cannot fdisk my harddisk.
    > It is not found on the system.
    >
    > How can I do a Hardware check or what do I have to do to find the
    > Harddrive?

    Your chroot environment is rooted.

    Edit fstab, touch mtab then mount -t proc none /proc. You'll probably also
    get swap corruption so after creating the swapdisk, don't turn swap on, and
    make sure its commented out in fstab.

    Use df to check that the mounts are ok.

    --
    Kadaitcha Man: Registered Linux User #344402
    Akhenaten: Registered Linux Machine #235500

+ Reply to Thread