Configuring a motorolla cell phone modem on linux - Questions

This is a discussion on Configuring a motorolla cell phone modem on linux - Questions ; Has any one here used a gprs phone on linux. I have a motorolla c350e and would like to use linux to surf. Please let me know how to cinfigure it. Thanks, Jitesh...

  1. Configuring a motorolla cell phone modem on linux

    Has any one here used a gprs phone on linux.
    I have a motorolla c350e and would like to use linux to surf.
    Please let me know how to cinfigure it.

    Thanks,
    Jitesh

  2. Re: Configuring a motorolla cell phone modem on linux

    Jitesh K Patil, Systems Engineer, Wipro Technologies. wrote:
    > Has any one here used a gprs phone on linux.
    > I have a motorolla c350e and would like to use linux to surf.
    > Please let me know how to cinfigure it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jitesh

    connect your cable from the phone to your linux box, run pppsetup and
    away you will go. motorola phones modems are usually pretty standard so
    a default init string will work.

  3. Re: Configuring a motorolla cell phone modem on linux

    HI I READ YOUR MESSAGE.

    Do you have drivers for Motorola c350e ?

    Driver of c350 doesnt work for me.

    Please help.

    Regards,
    Ashish T

    john wrote in message news:<41363f0b$1_1@alt.athenanews.com>...
    > Jitesh K Patil, Systems Engineer, Wipro Technologies. wrote:
    > > Has any one here used a gprs phone on linux.
    > > I have a motorolla c350e and would like to use linux to surf.
    > > Please let me know how to cinfigure it.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Jitesh

    > connect your cable from the phone to your linux box, run pppsetup and
    > away you will go. motorola phones modems are usually pretty standard so
    > a default init string will work.

+ Reply to Thread