Re: Connect linux servers at office from home thru Sonicwall - Questions

This is a discussion on Re: Connect linux servers at office from home thru Sonicwall - Questions ; moo_glee@yahoo.com (Moo) wrote in message news: ... > Hi -- > I have some linux servers at work that I want to connect from home. > I have a sonicwall SOHO 3/50 firewall at office. This firewall accepts > 50 ...

  1. Re: Connect linux servers at office from home thru Sonicwall

    moo_glee@yahoo.com (Moo) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi --
    > I have some linux servers at work that I want to connect from home.
    > I have a sonicwall SOHO 3/50 firewall at office. This firewall accepts
    > 50 input connections from outside and can be vpn 'ed to. But I have
    > never done this before. Any idea, how I can should configure vpn for
    > the firewall to connect to the serverrs? Which are the softwares that
    > need to be installed on the linux servers so that I can remotely
    > connect to them and authenticate the users?
    > I think windows server has remote access services that takes care of
    > this (am not sure as I never worked on windows server), is there
    > similar services like that on linux.
    >
    > I have redhat linux 9.0
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any of your help,
    >
    > -Al

    It's going to depend on the Linux servers at the office, the OS used
    by computers at "home", and the SonicWall device you're using (the
    Soho3 acts as a vpn gateway).

    Google is your friend:
    rh9 Sonicwall vpn

    From this:
    http://www.sonicwall.com/services/VP...mentation.html
    found this:
    ftp://ftp.sonicwall.com/pub/info/vpn...l_FreeSWAN.pdf

    I did notice it's a bit dated: RH7.x and the Free S/WAN 1.94 rpm that
    came with it, so you'll have to make some adjustments, I'm sure.
    Might help get you started.

    From Google search quickly found this:
    http://sun2net.com/docs/freeswan-sonicwall-psk

    Also try Googling groups:
    FreeSWAN and SonicWall
    returns 83 hits

    hth,
    prg
    email above disabled

  2. Re: Connect linux servers at office from home thru Sonicwall

    rdgentry1@cablelynx.com (P Gentry) wrote in message news:...
    > moo_glee@yahoo.com (Moo) wrote in message news:...
    > > Hi --
    > > I have some linux servers at work that I want to connect from home.
    > > I have a sonicwall SOHO 3/50 firewall at office. This firewall accepts
    > > 50 input connections from outside and can be vpn 'ed to. But I have
    > > never done this before. Any idea, how I can should configure vpn for
    > > the firewall to connect to the serverrs? Which are the softwares that
    > > need to be installed on the linux servers so that I can remotely
    > > connect to them and authenticate the users?
    > > I think windows server has remote access services that takes care of
    > > this (am not sure as I never worked on windows server), is there
    > > similar services like that on linux.
    > >
    > > I have redhat linux 9.0
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any of your help,
    > >
    > > -Al

    > It's going to depend on the Linux servers at the office, the OS used
    > by computers at "home", and the SonicWall device you're using (the
    > Soho3 acts as a vpn gateway).
    >
    > Google is your friend:
    > rh9 Sonicwall vpn
    >
    > From this:
    > http://www.sonicwall.com/services/VP...mentation.html
    > found this:
    > ftp://ftp.sonicwall.com/pub/info/vpn...l_FreeSWAN.pdf
    >
    > I did notice it's a bit dated: RH7.x and the Free S/WAN 1.94 rpm that
    > came with it, so you'll have to make some adjustments, I'm sure.
    > Might help get you started.
    >
    > From Google search quickly found this:
    > http://sun2net.com/docs/freeswan-sonicwall-psk
    >
    > Also try Googling groups:
    > FreeSWAN and SonicWall
    > returns 83 hits
    >
    > hth,
    > prg
    > email above disabled

    Thanks a lot for your help, actually I had a look at freeswan
    yesterday after searching on google. Thanks for the rest of the links.

    regards
    -Al

+ Reply to Thread