Gentoo Problem - Questions

This is a discussion on Gentoo Problem - Questions ; Hi. I've tried to install Gentoo Linux on a computer. But when I boot, I get the following problem: The LILO screen comes up, I hit "enter", I get the "loading gentoo" prompt, then it goes to a blank screen. ...

  1. Gentoo Problem

    Hi.

    I've tried to install Gentoo Linux on a computer. But when I boot, I
    get the following problem: The LILO screen comes up, I hit "enter", I
    get the "loading gentoo" prompt, then it goes to a blank screen. What
    could cause this?

  2. Re: Gentoo Problem

    mike3 wrote:

    > I've tried to install Gentoo Linux on a computer. But when I boot, I
    > get the following problem: The LILO screen comes up, I hit "enter", I
    > get the "loading gentoo" prompt, then it goes to a blank screen. What
    > could cause this?

    .... you're also having problems with your newsreader,
    give that you've posted the same article three times now.

    start here: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    and rephrase the question, and including more information
    ..
    On-line, adj.: The idea that a human being should
    always be accessible to a computer.

  3. Re: Gentoo Problem

    mjt wrote in message news:...
    > mike3 wrote:
    >
    > > I've tried to install Gentoo Linux on a computer. But when I boot, I
    > > get the following problem: The LILO screen comes up, I hit "enter", I
    > > get the "loading gentoo" prompt, then it goes to a blank screen. What
    > > could cause this?

    > ... you're also having problems with your newsreader,
    > give that you've posted the same article three times now.

    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. Google is Slow. Especially since it's a
    web based news server.

    > start here: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    > and rephrase the question, and including more information
    > .

+ Reply to Thread