Any way to bypass bad RPM during (Fedora) install? - Questions

This is a discussion on Any way to bypass bad RPM during (Fedora) install? - Questions ; I'm trying a fresh install of Fedora Core 1 & (similar to issues I've had in Red Hat 9) it is having problems installing the XSANE-0.91-1-i386.rpm What I want to know is, is there a way to bypass just this ...

  1. Any way to bypass bad RPM during (Fedora) install?

    I'm trying a fresh install of Fedora Core 1 & (similar to issues I've
    had in Red Hat 9) it is having problems installing the XSANE-0.91-1-i386.rpm

    What I want to know is, is there a way to bypass just this package
    during the install process?
    The install doesn't actually give any option to skip or bypass the bad package
    & only gives an OK button.

    Help appreciated.
    t.a.

  2. Re: Any way to bypass bad RPM during (Fedora) install?

    In linux.redhat TimGoogler wrote:
    > I'm trying a fresh install of Fedora Core 1 & (similar to issues I've
    > had in Red Hat 9) it is having problems installing the XSANE-0.91-1-i386.rpm
    >
    > What I want to know is, is there a way to bypass just this package
    > during the install process?

    I'm guessing you're installed off of ISO CDs... if that's the case
    I'm unaware of an easy way to skip just that RPM w/o de-selecting
    the package proper before install. Question, are you doing md5sum
    checks of the ISOs before burning? Doing a CD check at boot?

    You might want to check the anaconda and fedora mailing lists...

    I'm also guessing you're asking because you don't know what fails
    and don't want to re-re-retry and flag things. Hrmm. I'd be more
    interested in why any fail in the first place.

    Good luck. Cheers, -Ali

    --
    OpenPGP Key: 030E44E6
    --

  3. Re: Any way to bypass bad RPM during (Fedora) install?

    TimGoogler wrote:

    > I'm trying a fresh install of Fedora Core 1 & (similar to issues I've

    > What I want to know is, is there a way to bypass just this package

    .... there are known issues with fedora
    and mismatched install pathnames.

    what errors are you getting?
    ..
    Real programmers don't write in FORTRAN. FORTRAN is for pipe
    stress freaks and crystallography weenies. FORTRAN is for wimp
    engineers who wear white socks.

  4. Re: Any way to bypass bad RPM during (Fedora) install?

    On 2 Mar 2004 19:41:25 -0800, beagles_1881@yahoo.com.au (TimGoogler)
    wrote:

    >I'm trying a fresh install of Fedora Core 1 & (similar to issues I've
    >had in Red Hat 9) it is having problems installing the XSANE-0.91-1-i386.rpm
    >
    >What I want to know is, is there a way to bypass just this package
    >during the install process?
    >The install doesn't actually give any option to skip or bypass the bad package
    >& only gives an OK button.
    >
    >Help appreciated.
    >t.a.

    Is it always that package or has it been others as well?

    This happened to me with RH8, 9 and FC1. My problem was it failed on
    different packages. The solution, replace the RAM.

    HTH

    Cheers,

    Greg Williams

  5. Re: Any way to bypass bad RPM during (Fedora) install?

    I use Fedora Core and I have also had this problem. My solution was to
    download the correct file from the internet and use it to replace the
    corrupt by moving it to the /var/spool/up2date directory. Once I have done
    this I run up2date again and download the same packages. Up2date see's
    that the file is already downloaded and will try to install the rpm again.
    Because I have replaced the corrupt file the install works fine.

    Thanks
    Administrator X

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:41:25 -0800, TimGoogler wrote:

    > I'm trying a fresh install of Fedora Core 1 & (similar to issues I've
    > had in Red Hat 9) it is having problems installing the XSANE-0.91-1-i386.rpm
    >
    > What I want to know is, is there a way to bypass just this package
    > during the install process?
    > The install doesn't actually give any option to skip or bypass the bad package
    > & only gives an OK button.
    >
    > Help appreciated.
    > t.a.

+ Reply to Thread