what is the best linux for setting up a firewall? - Questions

This is a discussion on what is the best linux for setting up a firewall? - Questions ; Hi all I need some quick advice. I am not completely new at Lixux, since I already installed Redhat Linux 7.X. That was not much of a challenge, because I did not do much more than insert the cd into ...

  1. what is the best linux for setting up a firewall?

    Hi all
    I need some quick advice. I am not completely new at Lixux, since I already
    installed Redhat Linux 7.X. That was not much of a challenge, because I did
    not do much more than insert the cd into my computer cd-rom drive.
    I am now at the point where I have a mixed network at home which i am using
    baically for education purpose. So I would like to set up a firewall for my
    network, but would like to use a Linux distribution, because it may be
    cheaper. Can someone advise me which distribution may be the easiest for
    setting up a firewall. Since i lack basic proficiency in Linux I would like
    to have it very simple to use.

    stewart

  2. Re: what is the best linux for setting up a firewall?

    stewart allen uttered the immortal words:

    > Hi all

    Hello again.

    Please don't multi-post. I gave you an answer alt.os.linux so go there if
    you want to see it.

    If you want your post to appear in more than one group it's considered
    better practice to cross-post to 2 or 3 groups that are related to your
    question.

    --
    Andy.

+ Reply to Thread