Multiple domain server - Questions

This is a discussion on Multiple domain server - Questions ; Hi I would like to setup a linux where I can host web, mail, sql etc. for several domains (just lige the webhotels on the Internet). What I don't understand is how your setup a system, so that you can ...

  1. Multiple domain server

    Hi

    I would like to setup a linux where I can host web, mail, sql etc. for
    several domains (just lige the webhotels on the Internet).

    What I don't understand is how your setup a system, so that you can setup
    mail without interfering with other domains mail.

    E.g. The domains abc.com and def.com

    I want the administator of both domains to be able to set up the main
    adresses webmaster:

    webmaster@abc.com & webmaster@def.com

    The detup I have been able to create so far is done either by having a user
    called webmaster or having an alias for webmaster. The to administators
    should of course not be able to check each others mail.

    When I log on to my webhotel via ftp, it seems to me that I have a my own
    server:

    \
    users
    user1
    web
    user2
    web
    web

    I know that what I see as "\" is in fact "\sites\abc.com\". How is that
    done?

    More questions to come...

    Thanks in advance
    Søren Larsen

  2. Re: Multiple domain server

    In comp.os.linux.misc "S?ren Rokkedal Larsen" wrote:
    > What I don't understand is how your setup a system, so that you can setup
    > mail without interfering with other domains mail.

    Read the documentation of your mail server about virtual domains.

    > The detup I have been able to create so far is done either by having a user
    > called webmaster or having an alias for webmaster. The to administators

    That's a solution, then you can use a procmail script to split the
    e-mails into two different accounts.

    Davide

    --
    | To err is human, to forgive is Not Company Policy.

+ Reply to Thread