Problems with 2.6? - Questions

This is a discussion on Problems with 2.6? - Questions ; I heard someone mention people have had some issues with Kernel 2.6? Is this true? And could someone elaborate on this? Thanks 8-)...

  1. Problems with 2.6?

    I heard someone mention people have had some issues with Kernel 2.6? Is
    this true? And could someone elaborate on this?

    Thanks 8-)

  2. Re: Problems with 2.6?

    Infopackrat wrote:
    > I heard someone mention people have had some issues with Kernel 2.6? Is
    > this true? And could someone elaborate on this?
    >
    > Thanks 8-)

    these are a couple kernel problems i've had since sitching from 2.4.5 to
    2.6.7 and 2.6.8. one problem is pc card services isn't reading the card
    information structure properly. i've got two wifi cards and one usb--no
    cises read and only one apparently needs firmware and I'm not sure about
    that. another problem is the standard vesa driver doesn't do generic
    settings on lcd--pretty much is the standard desktop driver-crt
    monitor-works for that ok. I fixed it on my 800by480 screen but just
    kludged really. under a odd sized screen it will fail to reproduce the
    proper sized windows under X. of course one never knows--I could be
    lying:-).

+ Reply to Thread