monitoring cluster for failures - Questions

This is a discussion on monitoring cluster for failures - Questions ; Hi, I am interested in monitoring cluster running linux for various failures (hardware and software). I basically want to quantify the cluster for different failures (including device failures) over period of a month or so. For this purpose I need ...

  1. monitoring cluster for failures

    Hi,

    I am interested in monitoring cluster running linux for various failures
    (hardware and software). I basically want to quantify the cluster for
    different failures (including device failures) over period of a month or so.
    For this purpose I need to periodically scan the
    syslogd and klogd messages to determine the failures. But the issue is
    that the volume of messages is quite large and I am not sure what I am
    exactly looking for. If ppl in the list could post some of the major
    error/panic/warning messages that I should parse for (to achieve my
    objective detailed above), I would be very glad.

    Thanks in advance,
    Pirabhu

  2. Re: monitoring cluster for failures

    pirabhur@hotmail.com (Pirabhu) wrote in message