Postfix Configuration Problems - Questions

This is a discussion on Postfix Configuration Problems - Questions ; I am trying to install postfix+courier_imap+mysql for multiple domains and having much difficulty. I have tried to follow the doc at http://kirb.insanegenius.net/postfix.html with no success. I am very new to the linux world so I am sure I am missing ...

  1. Postfix Configuration Problems

    I am trying to install postfix+courier_imap+mysql for multiple domains
    and having much difficulty.

    I have tried to follow the doc at
    http://kirb.insanegenius.net/postfix.html with no success.

    I am very new to the linux world so I am sure I am missing a very key
    concept that is probably pretty simple.

    The main values in my main.cf are:

    mydomain = naptownetching.com
    myorigin = $mydomain
    inet_interfaces = $mydomain, localhost
    mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.1.0/24, 63.70.11.0/24
    mydestination = $mydomain, $myhostname
    transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/transport.cf
    virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virt.cf
    virtual_uid_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/uids.cf
    virtual_gid_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/gids.cf
    virtual_mailbox_base = /var/spool/mail
    virtual_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/virtual.cf
    virtual_mailbox_domains = /etc/postfix/virtual_domains.cf

    Whenever I try 'service postfix reload' I get

    Reloading postfix: [FAILED]

    Can anyone help me out of this mess?
    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Postfix Configuration Problems

    "Scott Dortch" wrote in message
    news:a94d778a.0402231012.41ff5886@posting.google.c om

    > Whenever I try 'service postfix reload' I get
    >
    > Reloading postfix: [FAILED]
    >
    > Can anyone help me out of this mess?

    What is reported in /var/log/maillog ?

    --
    use hotmail for any email replies

  3. Re: Postfix Configuration Problems

    "ynotssor" <"ynotssor"> wrote in message news:<403a4820_3@corp.newsgroups.com>...
    > "Scott Dortch" wrote in message
    > news:a94d778a.0402231012.41ff5886@posting.google.c om
    >
    > > Whenever I try 'service postfix reload' I get
    > >
    > > Reloading postfix: [FAILED]
    > >
    > > Can anyone help me out of this mess?

    > What is reported in /var/log/maillog ?

    I was getting the following:

    postfix/master[2606]: fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local
    interface found for

    I then changed my main.cf to the following:

    inet_interfaces = all

    (this is against my better judgement but I thought if I get everything
    else working I can come back and resolve this issue)

    Now I am getting more errors, bit I believe they relate to the mysql
    setup. Any insight would be helpful

    When I first start/reload postfix I get

    warning: connect to mysql server localhost: Access denied for user:
    'postfix@localhost' (Using password: YES)

    then I continually get the following every 1 minute that the service
    is active:

    0DDFEC84002: uid=0 from=
    warning: 0DDFEC84002: virtual_alias_maps map lookup problem for
    root@naptownetching.com
    warning: 0DDFEC84002: skipping further client input
    warning: maildrop/266F2E00066: Error writing message file

    I assume that it means that since the user postfix has no access to
    the db that the virtual alias can not be resolved and it keeps trying
    to do something with the message.

+ Reply to Thread