Binary file pattern search - Questions

This is a discussion on Binary file pattern search - Questions ; Is there a Unix/Linux application that searches a binary file for a pattern and report the byte offset where this pattern is found and where it ends. The pattern may exist multiple times and I need all offsets. Any ideas ...

  1. Binary file pattern search

    Is there a Unix/Linux application that searches a binary file for a
    pattern and report the byte offset where this pattern is found and
    where it ends. The pattern may exist multiple times and I need all
    offsets.

    Any ideas or do I need to write my own program?

    /P

  2. Re: Binary file pattern search

    pdahle@mail.com (Pal Hulden) wrote in message news:<4c546bb6.0402192319.32c46526@posting.google.com>...
    > Is there a Unix/Linux application that searches a binary file for a
    > pattern and report the byte offset where this pattern is found and
    > where it ends. The pattern may exist multiple times and I need all
    > offsets.
    >
    > Any ideas or do I need to write my own program?
    >
    > /P

    You mean like lfhex, hexcurse, dataworkshop, shed, etc?

+ Reply to Thread